Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Kindle and Blogs


I must admit that I haven’t been using my Kindle much lately.  I bought it about a year ago, mainly because it was cheaper than an iPad, and I thought it would help me catch up on some reading.  I found myself traveling a lot over the past 12 months and packing the Kindle along was great.  I especially liked using it on the plane.  One of my favorite features is the ability to capture PDF documents, send them to the Kindle via Whispernet, and read them in the Kindle’s native format.  However, I recently found another neat feature.

I was perusing the Amazon site and noticed there were “blogs” listed in the Kindle store.  I clicked the link and was brought to a list of several blogs I could follow on my Kindle.  And not just several blogs – more like thousands!  It works like this:  You find the blog you want to follow and then sign up (you get a 14-day free trial and can cancel anytime).  Most blogs are $0.99 per month; some like HBR cost $5.99.  Simply turn on the wireless feature of you Kindle, be within range of your home Wi-Fi network, and it updates each time a new entry is made on the blog website.

I find it easier to keep up with all my blogs using the Kindle versus the computer.  I know exactly when a new blog entry is ready, and I can read them all from one convenient location.  It does cost $1 per month per blog, but hey - I got that kind of money!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment