Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Texans are Very Bright

Mark Perry uncovers a story about something we've blogged about here: the looming ban on the incandescent light bulb.  Seems the Texas legislature has passed a law (not yet signed) that exempts manufacturers that are located in this great state from the defacto ban.

Of course, this act by the Texas legislature doesn't quite square with the supremacy clause in the US Constitution, and how it shakes out will be very entertaining.

Back in May, the Texas legislature was considering a bill that would ban TSA agents from molesting would-be passengers without probable cause.  However, the government threatened to halt flights into and out of Texas if Gov Perry signed it.  So, it was dropped.  Chickens!

May God bless Texas.

2 comments:

  1. A good reason why this Austro-libertarian wants to stay in Texas (assuming I can find a job here).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never leaving the United State of Texas. I have bumper sticker on my van, which reads: "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could"

    ReplyDelete