Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Here Ye, O Workers!


My work has me visiting the Department of Labor website lately.  To get there, I normally just type the URL in the address bar.  Today I was feeling lazy, so I typed in “DOL” into Google.  I was shocked at what came up.  See below:



Whatever the mission of DOL, it most assuredly isn’t to prepare the American workforce for new and better jobs.  The American workforce isn’t some malleable glob of analogous workers sitting idly by eagerly awaiting orders from the government. This assertion is laughable, but further evidence of an overbearing government.

The DOL no more prepares the workforce for new and better jobs, whatever those may be, than does the Securities and Exchange Commission ensures Americans only buy stocks that go up in value.  Nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment