Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Crimea = Iraq?


I  read today where the government of the United States is preparing to enact sanctions against Moscow for invading Crimea. Isn’t this just a little hypocritical? Did Russia, or any country for that matter, slap the United States with sanctions when we invaded Iraq ten years ago?

After 9/11, not only did we falsely claim that Saddam Hussein was preparing to unleash a torrent of WMDs against the United States, but we deployed our finest salesmen to convince a skeptical world that it was true. Now, we scorn another world power for doing what we did.
  
Maybe Putin is convinced Crimea has WMDs. His only miscalculation may have been failing to convince everyone else before invading.

1 comment:

  1. I waited for years and years for you to admit this about Iraq! Excuse me while I pick my jaw back up off the floor. LOL

    ReplyDelete